Saturday, February 21, 2009

When you get it ALL wrong!

Today was a BIG Brick....45min Ocean Swim...3hr ride and 60min run....

The outcome was not pretty!!

It was a frustrating morning of training.... I was more annoyed at myself...for whatever reason my organisation of my nutrition was all out!

To further explain:
  • Friday night went to get everything ready and realised that I had NO gels...hmmmm.....no problems I would supplement these with bananas....not the best thing...they are good to have as a PART of your nutrition but not ALL of your nutrition.
  • To go with that I failed to regularly eat throughout the 3hr ride....only eating 3/4 of a banana for the 3hr ride...no other food! Just sports drink!
  • To go with this was a failure to have anything for breakfast.....big mistake...something I am always OCD about.
  • The OCD was not there for me this morning.
  • Therefore the run after the cylce was an ABSOLUTE right off....started off ok...but ended up disastrously (Stomach cramps....argh!).....didn't finish the run.
  • At one stage along the board walk I'm sure it would have been humorous...there was that mental argument with the arch enemy....was it really a stomach cramp/nutritional stuff up or was it the arch enemy (the little voice in my head). I stopped running....then started again...turned around...stopped...started walking again back towards the start...then had a mental argument with myself....turned around again...started running...stopped running...turned around...had a drink of water...started running again....stopped....then made the decision to shuffle back and call it quits!
  • Oh well....you learn from these stuff ups!

I think what it did bring home to me is that there is nothing wrong with being organised....may I am sometimes a bit over the top...but oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment