Sunday, February 22, 2009

Super Sunday.....

Today was another 5hr ride this time with a bit of coaching thrown in...looking forward to the morning.

One of the routines that I rather enjoyed was to get up very early (3am) and go for a long ride. I find it so enjoyable...it is a good time to reflect on the IM campaign when you are riding through the darkness and the only thing to distract you is the flashing of your bike lights on the street signs.

At this time in the morning the conditions are ideal...cool...no wind...little traffic...apart from taxis.

This morning I went a little later 4am. The nutrition was all planned this morning and work out just fine throughout the 5hr ride (which included 3 hours with the squad)

The thing with the riding at the moment is to really concentrate on smooth pedal strokes, full circles (thanks for the reminder Paul)

The hours ticked by and before I new it the 5hrs were complete...130km...felt really happy with the ride.

However, in saying that, later on in the day...I was sooo tired.

One of the things that I am still struggling with is getting a good nights sleep....it is averaging about 5-6 over the past week and this probably hasn't helped my frame of mind or physical ability. It is finding that balance....it still is a little lopped sided at the moment!

1 comment:

  1. Tim, I just bumped into your blog. All the best for IMOZ in 40 (or so) days. Great reading your report from the 2008 race.

    ReplyDelete