Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Enough is ENOUGH!

It is time to put everything that I have encountered over the last 2-3 months behind me and move forward. However, if you are looking for an excuse for not training...I'm putting out a book shortly...101 Excuses to avoid Training! ;-)

All jokes aside, today it hit me that it was time! I have to get back into the training...it has been 4 months since Ironman and there has been no real commitment to get back into solid training over those months. The weight has come back on....the diet is just NOT happening...I feel I have let myself got to rack and ruin! Time to pull up my socks and get things back on track.

The following things need to be reflected upon....very seriously:
  • The KPI's I have set down...they need to be adjust slightly.
  • Diet...Diet...Diet...no more tuck shop!
  • Water....Water...Water...Hydration Man.... a new superhero!
  • Time management...need this to be working effectively to fit...Wife..Work...Training...Coaching demands in and keep everyone happy.
  • What I would call a 'Triathlon Financial Plan' need to be developed.
  • Using plastic boxes in new and innovative ways....
  • Bring back the enjoyment into the training and racing
  • The Arch Enemy....The Return of the voice....(strategies to combat and defeat this training nemesis)
  • No room for being soft!!

This evening it was time....I had this urge to do something physical when I got home....and of course the thing I love to do is run....so I did!



Of course this was not a terribly flat run I good solid hill run...not niggles...got through the run without any great issues. Throughout the run I did really push hard up the hills and used the down hills as a means of recover before the ascent.

Once home completed the first session of the week. This was the first session I had done all week other then the programed rest on Monday morning.

PM Session: Core strength: 10 push ups; 20 sec prone hold; 20 sec squad hold x 15

This is the first one of these session I have embarked on...and couldn't I tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment