Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week 4 - Week in Crisis!!

There are times when you need to just believe......
............................believe in the training you have done.
................................believe in the power of positive thinking.


This was certainly a focus for this week.......
I can say straight up the stats for this week are..........


Weekly Stats:

Swim: 0km (0h00m)
Bike: 0km (0h00m)
Run: 0km (0h00m)
Core Strength: 30min
Maintenance: 2hr
Weekly Total - 2h30min


That's is the full extent of training possible this week.....and until the Wednesday of next week.


The week consisted with me coming down with an abdominal complaint that landed me in hospital for close to 2 days. It was first thought that I had appendicitis but after 6.5hrs in emergency and another 30hrs in the ward they decided that it wasn't appendicitis. It was in actually a abdominal virus....hmmmm....ok?. The treatment was rest and not doing anything for 10 or so days.


Thursday I was back at home........recovery.....positive thinking......rest.......
It has been the first weekend in at least 20 weeks where I haven't run, cycled, swum or done anything else physical.


It became a very reflective weekend............
The thinking turned to the long path travelled.......
..Before this week...I am in the best condition of my Long Course (Ironman)Triathlon career.....
..............................Surely I'm not going to fall at the last hurdle..............I will be at that start line!
.........I'm a good healer............2.5 weeks is plenty of time to finish my preparation off............
............................I just need to rest..................my patience is lacking...............trust the Doctors......
I need closure on this campaign............I wasn't able to have my final hard week.......just my OCD
............what if it takes longer then Wednesday for me to get back into training.........................
........................has this affected my energy levels.............surely not............................................
..........................Am I going to be ready...............Yes....of course.................trust my training...........
I have done all the hard work now.....I'm ready now...........................................................................


What a rollercoaster ride of emotions........By the end of the weekend the negative vibes had been expelled from the mind and it was about positive vibes and looking toward a great race!!

No comments:

Post a Comment