Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 3 - Week of the Come Back

When you get knocked down.....you don't stay lying on the ground getting dirt kicked in your face...you get up and continue on with the journey. This week has been very much about getting back into the training....a slow and painful approach (in terms of my patience) but if I am to get to the start line in any shape to race then I need to listen to both Coach and my body.
"Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles, and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it....." ~ Brian Tracy
This week was slow to get moving with nothing happening until Thursday evening, as per Doctors orders.

Monday
There was a little bit of stretching for 10 mins.
Made sure the sleep was happening to help in the recovery.

Tuesday
Not much today!

Wednesday
Not much here either!

Thursday
Return to the pool deck....good to be back. Thanks to everyone for their concerns!
15 min stretch whilst on the pool deck.

Got out for a 30min run in the afternoon.....steady she goes!
Felt....ok?....but when I got home and stopped...not so good.
6km - 33min

Friday
Nothing in the morning...using the rest to assist in the recovery particularly now having added a little more activity.

In the afternoon I went on the same run as the previous afternoon as a comparison. To gauge if things are improving.
I was happy to report that I didn't fell as ordinary as I did after yesterday's run.....a good sign.
6km - 32min

Saturday
Got back on the bike.....a successful return..the body was responding well to the re-introduction of the physical activity. The ride was flat keep the effort relatively controlled.

2h30min - 70km

Sunday

Back on the bike again but going a little longer this time. Again the body was standing up to the time on the bike and my overall demeanour was improving....I could possibly be able to again realistically get close to my goals for IM Australia.

3h10m - 92km

Weekly Totals:
Swim: 0km
Bike: 160km (5h40m)
Run: 12km (65m)
Maintenance: 30min

No comments:

Post a Comment