Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Enviro Training Day (ETD)

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 257
Days to GC Half Ironman 2007 - 68
Program
AM: Ride Session: 60 mins in 39/16-19 @ 95-105 cadence and 70-75% max hr.
PM: Run Session: 30 mins @ 70% max hr followed by 8 x 50m strides and 15 min stretch

Today's Journal
Its been a while since I've been on the blog...slack really. Well I am into the 3rd week of the Coomer Half Ironman Campaign and would like to be more regularly blogging than I have been....so it is going to happen and I am planning to back date a number of days to get a better picture of hoe the preparation is progressing.

Today's session and many like it are going to be labelled as Enviro Training Days (ETD)..Why you ask?....well it is a day of training that involves travelling around without the car...pretty cool huh....At least its a day without adding to the greenhouse gases.

The morning session involved a 2hr ride before work, head out on my usual out and back course. I woke up with a little dampness around and at first was apprehensive in venturing out but...as Mark would say its about the 'big picture'. This preparation is now serious so its means getting out and training in all conditions...good mental, physical and conditioning preparation. The conditions that I may ride in may not be always ideal...blue sky...no wind...etc. This was one of these mornings, wet and cold....in fact at times dam miserable, but I persevered.

Rode home to complete the ETD this was a 40min ride home. In all spent about 2.5 hours and 64km on the bike today.

Got home and within 10min was off on my run session...The 30min run was around the usual hill circuit and then completed the 8 x 50m strides in a local park.

Session Evaluation:

AM Session: Thought the legs would be a little less responsive than they were, so was happy with the way I have recovered from the weekend. The wet and cold conditions were a good experience to endure, there were a couple of things that were learnt, mainly, needing to look at the options of glasses (I was wearing ones with clear lenses) as the rain was making visibility very difficult at times. The traffic on the way home was manic to say the least.

PM Session: I began to really feel the legs during the initial part of the session; however, once the session progressed and I got into a rhythm, things improved. A little bit of a niggle in the right knee; however, nothing of real concern. Feet are still getting use to the new shoes, top of left foot still feeling a little bruised.

No comments:

Post a Comment