Thursday, April 8, 2010

Training here I come......maybe a sporadically...but here I come!

April 1, 2010.....is the start and the return to training for me after IM New Zealand (oh...btw...the race report is still coming)

Today is April 8 and I have now managed to get in the pool 2 twice, the bike once (and a number of attempts...unsuccessful) and an area which I have not been disappointed in since my return is the running. In fact, it has been an area where I have really enjoyed getting back into...but I think the reason for this is that at the moment I run for enjoyment of running...there is nothing to prove at the moment. It is so nice. In particular I have been doing a lot of trail runs and going to make it a big part of my training (even more then what it has been before).

Trail running is a great experience, get off the hard pavement and run through the nature we have been give to appreciate, to breath in the fresh air, instead of the fumes from the cars and listen to sweet sound of nothing! (maybe the occasional bird)...what else could you ask for....and not to forget the physical benefits from doing such runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment