Monday, April 7, 2008

Australian Ironman 2008 - Race Report (T1)

There was a short 100m run to collect my bike gear bag from the compound. No problems finding my bag then straight into the transition tent to get organised for the cycle leg. I arrived into T1 at a peak time and it was a struggle to find a seat but as soon as I arrived seats became available; however, I didn’t get any assistance from a volunteer…all good.
Standing up…felt a little light headed but after composing myself the wetsuit came off….dried myself making sure that my feet were clean and dry as not to create an environment for a blister/s…socks on then bike shoes on…through a pair of sprint knick on over the top of my tri suit…gloves on…headsweat on….helmet on…put everything back into the bike gear bag….and headed out to the bike taking a detour to go to the toilet. Had no troubles finding my bike…loaded up my pockets with a few gels and rolled oats biscuits and headed to the cycle start.

Time in T1: 8min 20sec

No comments:

Post a Comment